Apple is constantly creating updates that address security vulnerabilities and provide improvements. The Cupertino-based iPhone maker has done it again with the new iOS 16.4 update.
This is one of their best updates yet with some new features that are not only fun but useful as well. Here are 5 reasons why you should update your iPhone now.
How do I update my iPhone software?
Before we get into what iOS 16.4 has to offer, here’s how to update your iPhone software.
- Open settings program
- click general
- handle system update
- If an update is available for your iPhone, you will be able to tap install
Now that you have those steps down, here are some of the best features that come with it iOS 16.4 update.
1. New emojis
Once you update your iPhone, you’ll have 21 new emoji available to start using in text messages, social media posts, and more. Some of these new animals include animals like the moose and goose, musical instruments like the flute and maracas, and even some new faces.
2. Sound isolation mode
Apple offers a sound isolation mode For all phone calls with this new update. This feature can better block out background noise by focusing only on your voice during calls. This means that you can place a call from anywhere from a busy city street to a crowded room and the person you’re calling can still hear you. I’m really excited to see how good this feature really is. Here’s where to find it once you get the iOS update.
- start or answer Telephone conversation
- on the call screen, Swipe down from the top right to reveal the control center
- handle microphone mode at the top right
- check out sound insulation
3. Web application notifications
This update also allows you to add files Web apps on your home screen. What this means is that you can add any website to your home screen as a shortcut and if the site supports a real web app, it will launch from the app you added. In addition, the update allows developers to send you notifications from web apps, giving your iPhone more of a Mac user feel. Heres how to do it.
- Opens Safari
- write in A website that offers a web application
- Click on Involved button
- Scroll down and select Add to home screen
4. Improvements to the duplicate album
The iOS 16 update introduced the Duplicate Album in your Photo Library which allowed you to easily delete duplicate photos from your iPhone. With update 16.4, Duplicates will add redundant photos from iCloud Shared Photo Library to the album as well. To view your duplicate album:
- Open Photos app
- handle albums At the bottom
- Scroll down and tap redundant
5. Better fault detection
This only applies if you have a file iPhone 14However, it is still worth noting. Crash detection is a feature that automatically calls emergency services on your behalf in the event that you are involved in an accident where you cannot access your phone. While it’s a nice feature, Apple has some issues with it for situations where you don’t need it (like a fall while skiing). Now, Apple says that it has added some improvements to the feature with iOS 16.4, so hopefully these bugs will stop as often.
Besides these first five improvements mentioned above, here are some other changes that are coming with iOS 16.4.
- The Apple Podcasts app is greatly improved with new features like a channel list that lists all the different shows that belong to a specific podcast or podcast network and an Up Next tab that will add episodes you’ve saved to your queue.
- There will now be VoiceOver support for Maps in the Weather app
- An accessibility setting will be added to automatically darken the video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
- Bug fixes for an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children might not appear on the parent’s device
- Addresses issues that may cause Matter-compatible thermostats to become unresponsive when paired with an Apple Home
Have you updated your iPhone to iOS 16.4 yet? Please let us know how you like it.
For more of my advice, sign up for CyberGuy’s free newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.